Oak Point University is seeking candidates for Part and Full-Time CNA Instructor positions in our new CNA Program.
Oak Point University is seeking candidates for Part and Full-Time CNA Instructor positions in our new CNA Program. This is a Benefit -Eligible position. Salary is commensurate with experience. Please consider applying or help spread the word to anyone who may be interested in a career change or new opportunity.
Who are we? Oak Point University, formerly Resurrection University, provides world-class healthcare education in the heart of Chicago and online, preparing students for leadership in the nursing and healthcare industry for over 100 years. We are inspiring and leading a learning community that thinks critically and embraces change while transforming the lives of our students and our community. At Oak Point University, we provide the highest quality Nursing and Radiography education available.
Oak Point University highly values the unique knowledge, skills, and talents each employee contributes to our learning community. We maintain a diverse collegial environment where everyone plays a vital role in sustaining a dynamic learning community. Professional service is emphasized at the student and employee levels.
A little about the program – In conjunction with established healthcare partners (Ascension, Trinity, Shirley Ryan etc.), we are bridging the gaps in today’s healthcare workforce and creating a path for qualified candidates from various backgrounds to launch a career in healthcare. The program for which we are currently seeking candidates is for Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs). What makes this program unique is that the healthcare partner provides full-time pay and benefits, and pays the tuition for the educational program, while guaranteeing the student a full-time job upon completion of the program. The program is a 4-10 week program (length is dependent on the partner), full- time, in-person CNA program where students spend 3-4 days a week in class at our Oak Brook facility, and 1-2 days a week at the clinical partner sites job shadowing, putting learning into practice, and gaining insight into job responsibilities. Once they have completed the necessary didactic and clinical hours, the students are eligible to sit for the certification exam.
Where and When are classes held? – Classes will be held 3-4 days a week at Oak Point University (Wicker Park or Oak Brook campus) where the students are being paid to be in class. During the second half of the program, classes will move to the medical center locations for clinical instruction and shadowing from 7 am – 3:30 pm. Dates will be provided in advance. Program participants will be paid for the hours they are in class as part of their employment. At the conclusion of the program, learners will be prepared to take the State of Illinois Certified Nursing Assistant exam.
Compensation: Annual Salary for a CNA Instructor commensurate with Education/Experience (up to $75,000 annually for Full-Time)
- Candidates must have classroom teaching experience OR must be willing to complete “Train the Trainer” course (reimbursed by university).
- Must have flexibility with location and teaching method (Didactic, Clinical, Lab).
- Must have 2 years of bed side experience (not including Nursing home, Rehab, Home Health, or Psych facility).
CNA Program Instructors are responsible for excellent and effective teaching in the classroom, lab and clinical setting. Instructors interact with students as teacher, advisor, and mentor. The CNA Program Instructor will teach approximately 8 hours, daily, Monday – Friday, hours vary between 7am – 5pm. Essential duties and responsibilities are as outlined below:
- Directs the learning activities of students in classroom, clinical and practicum settings.
- Evaluates the academic, clinical and practicum competencies of students.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship with personnel in agencies utilized for student clinical and practicum experiences.
- Maintains student records of academic, clinical, and practicum achievement. Archives course material and documents related to student performance.
- Submits final evaluations of students clinical and practicum performance to the appropriate leader.
- Communicates with the program leadership regarding specific course needs.
- Attends required Teaching Team and University meetings and trainings.
- Engage in appropriate professional development, research and scholarly activities within your area(s) of expertise.
- Complete grading of students assignments and advise students regarding their academic standing, on attendance, grades, and issues in order to ensure successful completion of their courses.
- Demonstrate effectiveness with strong outcomes in student retention and success.
- Manage classroom environment through compliance with campus policies including but not limited to classroom management, attendance, punctuality, and professionalism.
- Advises and mentors students.
- Improves teaching effectiveness through participation in advanced study and/or continuing education offerings pertinent to medical assistant education, and through use of peer review and student evaluation information.
- Participates in the evaluation of teaching effectiveness of peers.
- Maintains records relevant to the individual course.
- Adheres to established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives.
- Performs both essential and non-essential job functions in a safe manner as identified by Oak Point University.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and models the mission and core values of Oak Point University through behavior and attitude.
- Enhances professional growth and development by accessing educational programs, job related literature, in-service meetings, and workshops/seminars.
- Leads simulations and debriefing, per curriculum.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must hold an Illinois license as a Registered Nurse.
- Bachelors degree in Nursing required, Masters degree preferred.
- Must provide updated vaccination status, including COVID19 vaccine(s).
- If you have a current IDPH Train the Trainer including Alzheimer’s Certificate, please attach.
- If you’ve taught nursing fundamentals, and are willing to sit for the Train the Trainer certificate program please inquire.
- Experience required in inpatient clinical patient care setting.
- Willingness to travel to conduct clinicals, at partner locations.
- Minimum of two to three years of experience teaching in a CNA/PCT or related health care field.
Include but not limited to:
Paid Vacation and sick Time-Cash Out Option
Health Insurance / Dental & Vision / Life Insurance / Retirement 403(b) company match and company contributions
Discounted gym memberships
Tuition discount and reimbursement
To formally apply, please click link below.
Indefinite U.S. work authorized individuals only. Future sponsorship for work authorization unavailable.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce – EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.