Online orientation to the site is Monday, August 23, 2021 Opens for optional Canvas Tutorial
08.30.2021 – LC – ONLINE ONLY– CNA Instructor Course for RNs (Train the Trainer Program) includes the Alzheimer’s Disease and the Approved Evaluator Components – No face-to-face requirement!
Location Name: Lewis and Clark Community College (LC)
Location Address: 5800 Godfrey Rd, Godfrey, IL 62035
Course Type: Train the Trainer Program, including Alzheimer’s & Approved Evaluator Components
Start Dates: Monday, August 23, 2021 Opens for optional Canvas Tutorial
Monday, August 30, 2021
End Date: Friday, October 8, 2021
Course Format: Online – no face-to-face requirement!
Drop Policy: In order to receive a full refund, students must drop this course no later than September 1, 2021. After this date, no refund will be available.
Course Numbers: CEWW-707-01 – Train the Trainer Course
ONLINE REGISTRATION: https://www.lc.edu/Professional_Development/
Click on “Register Now” and call as directed with payment which is due at the time of registration.
MAIL REGISTRATION FORM AND PAYMENT TO:
Lewis and Clark Community College
5800 Godfrey Road
Godfrey IL 62035
Registration form is printable at https://www.lc.edu/Professional_Development/.
This course is being conducted in compliance with Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) regulations in accordance with Illinois Administrative Code Section 395.160 Instructor Requirements. NOTE: Instructor requirements (section 395.160) have changed effective February 20, 2020 – affecting nurses with nursingdegrees of BSN and higher. Check these requirements before registering for this course! To view the requirements, click on the following link: http://www.ilga.gov/commission/jcar/admincode/077/077003950A01600R.html.
NOTE: Questions pertaining to the RN’s eligibility, should be directed to IDPH Training & Technical Section, Randy Carey-Walden at email@example.com.
- The optional Canvas Tutorial which is built into this course can be completed the week prior to beginning of Train the Trainer Online component. Determining if online learning fits an individual’s learning style is important to one’s success in this course.
- The Train the Trainer, including Alzheimer’s Disease and Approved Evaluator Components will consist of 6 weeks of online instruction. Students will spend time completing readings, discussion postings and assignments. 50 contact hours are earned.
- Basic computer skills which will be helpful include:
- Creating, saving and retrieving word documents,
- Attaching documents,
- Communicating via email,
- Copying and pasting within documents and web addresses in the internet browser, and
- Exploring the internet.
Class Size: Minimum of 4 participants and maximum of 12 participants.
Textbooks required for this course:
- DeYoung, S. (2015). Teaching Strategies for Nurse Educators (3rd). Pearson Education, Inc.: Upper Saddle River, N.J.
Note: available from online book sources to be purchased prior to class; reading prior to course start date is encouraged.
- Nursing Assistant Textbook, current edition of participant’s choice. Please contact instructor with questions.
Registration Opens: Open Now!!
Registration deadline: August 23, 2021
For questions about course registration, contact Lewis and Clark Community College, Dawn Zedolek at 618-468-5785, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about the course content, contact Joyce Steber, BSN, RN at 618-889-6464 or email SteberTraining78@yahoo.com.
Special Message from the instructor:
“I’m very excited for the opportunity to “meet” other nurses who are eager to teach in a Basic Nursing Assistant Training Program AND are seeking knowledge about “how to teach” in a classroom and in the clinical setting. As nurses, we are asked to educate our patients/residents without the benefit of being taught “how to teach effectively”. We are awesome at creating care plans for our residents with goals and objectives; this background does help when we create learning objectives for our CNA courses. However, it does not prepare us for developing the entire Lesson Plan or presenting it. These are only two of the many benefits that you will obtain from completing this Train the Trainer Program. I look forward to sharing this learning journey with you. Let me know if you have any questions please.”