JJC CNA Adjunct Instructor Needed for Summer 2021.
CNA Adjunct Instructor Preferred Qualifications:
1. Bachelor’s Degree with completion of State-Approved Train-the-Trainer and Evaluator Workshop.
2. Teaching experience at the collegiate level.
3. Experience at the community college level.
4. Experience with traditional and non-traditional students from diverse backgrounds.
5. Experience in teaching online and/or using course management programs.
6. Experience in course development and assessment, planning, quality and accreditation processes, and committee service.
An adjunct community college instructor is an instructor hired for one semester to teach one or more courses for which he/she is qualified to teach. The adjunct instructor reports to the appropriate Instructional Coordinator and/or Department Chair; provides quality instruction for the assigned courses. The instructor works with full-time faculty in assessing students and following all course guidelines. Willingness to teach at other campus sites is required. Adjunct instructors may submit preferences for locations and loads. Position is subject to all terms and provisions of the Joliet Junior College adjunct faculty contract.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Teach classes in appropriate instructional area.
2. Participate in annual student and chair/coordinator evaluations.
3. Comply with departmental curriculum, grading standards, attendance policies, textbook choices, and assessments, and other established processes.
4. Attend classes regularly; return college reports, credentials, and other requested documentation in a timely manner; effectively communicate with appropriate staff and chair.
5. Comply with all legal and ethical obligations, including FERPA, ADA, and other regulatory legislations. Communicate discrepancies to appropriate officials.
6. Commit to furthering the mission, goals, and core values of the college at all times.
7. Meet other contractual obligations as spelled out in the Joliet Junior College adjunct faculty contract.
They may contact me via email or phone if they are interested.
Ferlinda L. Saveas, MSN, MA, RN
Program Coordinator – BNATP
Joliet Junior College
1215 Houbolt Road
Joliet, IL 60431