Location Name: Lake Land College (LLC)
Location Address: 5001 Lake Land Blvd., Mattoon, IL 61938-9366
Course Type: Train the Trainer Program, including Alzheimer’s and Approved Evaluator Components
Start Dates: Monday, March 30, 2020 opens with Canvas Tutorial
Monday, April 6, 2020 TTT begins
End Date: Friday, May 15, 2020
Time: Online – no face-to-face requirement!
Cost: $599 – Registrations prior to March 30, 2020
$625 – Registrations on or after March 30, 2020
Course Number: 002-0101-00006
ONLINE REGISTRATION (click on the following link): https://www.lakelandcollege.edu/works/ind/register/course_view.php?stu_id=t791644287&cat=002&crs=0101
Payment by credit card to be completed at the time of online registration.
This course is being conducted in compliance with Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) regulations in accordance with Illinois Administrative Code Section 395.160 Instructor Requirements. NOTE: Instructor requirements (section 395.160) have changed effective February 20, 2020 – affecting nurses with nursing degrees of BSN and higher. Check these requirements before registering for this course! To view the requirements, click on the following link: http://www.ilga.gov/commission/jcar/admincode/077/077003950A01600R.html.
NOTE: Questions pertaining to the RN’s eligibility, should be directed to IDPH Training & Technical Section, Randy Carey-Walden at email@example.com.
- The required Canvas Tutorial which is built into this course is to be completed the week prior to the beginning of Train the Trainer Online component. Determining if online learning fits an individual’s learning style is important to one’s success in this course.
- The Train the Trainer, including Alzheimer’s Disease and Approved Evaluator Components will consist of 6 weeks of online instruction. Students will spend time completing readings, discussion postings, and assignments. 50 contact hours are earned.
Basic computer skills which will be helpful include:
- Creating, saving and retrieving word documents,
- Attaching documents,
- Communicating via email,
- Copying and pasting within documents and web addresses in the internet browser, and
- Exploring the internet.
Class Size: Minimum of 5 participants and maximum of 15 participants.
Textbooks required for this course:
- DeYoung, S. (2015). Teaching Strategies for Nurse Educators (3rd). Pearson Education, Inc.: Upper Saddle River, N.J.
Note: available from online book sources to be purchased by the participant prior to class; reading prior to course start date is encouraged.
- Nursing Assistant Textbook, a current edition of participant’s choice.
Registration Opens: Open Now!!
Registration Deadline: March 23, 2020
For questions about course registration, contact Lake Land College, Bonnie Moore, Director to the Center for Business & Industry at 217-238-8260 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about the course content, contact Joyce Steber, BSN, RN, Instructor at 618-889-6464 or email SteberTraining78@yahoo.com.