Host Name: Lake Land College (LLC)
Host Address: 5001 Lake Land Blvd., Mattoon, IL 61938-9366
Course Content: Train the Trainer Program, including Alzheimer’s Component and Approved Evaluator Workshop Course
Course Format: Online with required one day Face-to-face
Start Date: Monday, March 30, 2020 required Canvas Tutorial begins
Monday, April 6, 2020 TTT begins
Cost: $599 – Registrations prior to March 30, 2020
$625 – Registrations on or after March 30, 2020
Course Number: 002-0101-00006
ONLINE REGISTRATION (click on the following link): https://www.lakelandcollege.edu/works/ind/register/course_view.php?stu_id=t791644287&cat=002&crs=0101
Payment by credit card to be completed at the time of online registration.
This course is being conducted in compliance with Illinois Department of Public Health regulations.
***IMPORTANT: Participants must meet the qualifications outlined in the June 2013 Illinois Administrative Code Section 395.160 Instructor Requirements. To see the requirements, click on the following link: http://www.ilga.gov/commission/jcar/admincode/077/077003950A01600R.html.
REQUIRED PRIOR TO START DATE: Please email current resume with request for eligibility screening to the IDPH Training & Technical Section, Randy Carey-Walden, email@example.com.
Course Structure: To receive certificates of completion, all portions must be completed.
- The required Canvas Tutorial which is built into this course is to be completed the week prior to the beginning of Train the Trainer Online component. Determining if online learning fits an individual’s learning style is important to one’s success in this course.
- The Train the Trainer and Alzheimer’s portions of this course are online. This portion of the course will consist of 6 weeks of online instruction. Students will spend time completing readings, discussion postings, and assignments. 40 contact hours are earned.
Basic computer skills are needed to complete the online portion of the course. Some of these skills include:
- Creating, saving and retrieving word documents
- Attaching documents
- Communicating via email
- Copying and pasting within documents and web addresses in the internet browser
- Exploring the internet
- The Approved Evaluator Workshop (Skills Workshop) portion is in a face-to-face format requiring one day on-campus for successful return demonstrations of selected skills. 10 contact hours are earned.
Dates: Required Canvas Tutorial: March 30 to April 3, 2020
TTT Online: April 6 to May 15, 2020
Skills Workshop (Face-to-Face): Thursday, May 14, 8 am – 5 pm
Location for Skills Workshop:
Kluthe Center for Higher Technology and Education
1204 Network Centre Drive
Effingham, IL 62401
Class Size: Minimum of 5 participants and maximum of 15 participants.
Textbooks required for this course:
- DeYoung, S. (2015). Teaching Strategies for Nurse Educators (3rd). Pearson Education, Inc.: Upper Saddle River, N.J.
Note: available from online book sources to be purchased prior to class; reading prior to course start date is encouraged.
- Nursing Assistant Textbook, current edition of participant’s choice.
Registration Opens: Open Now!!
Registration Deadline: March 23, 2020
Last day to withdraw with 100% refund: April 9, 2020. Contact Bonnie Moore; firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about course registration, contact Lake Land College, Bonnie Moore, Director to the Center for Business & Industry at 217-238-8260, or email email@example.com.
For questions about the course content, contact Joyce Steber, BSN, RN, Instructor at 618-889-6464 or emailSteberTraining78@yahoo.com.