Host Name: Lincoln Trail College (LTC) Host Address: 11220 State Highway 1, Robinson, IL 62454-5707 Course Content: Train the Trainer Course, Including Alzheimer’s Component and Approved Evaluator Workshop Course Course Format: Online with required one day Face-to-face Start Date: Monday, February 17, 2020 with required Canvas Training beginning February 1, 2020
Course Numbers: Lincoln Trail College Train the Trainer Course
MAIL REGISTRATION FORM AND PAYMENT TO: Lincoln Trail College ATTN: Deanna J. Chrysler 11220 State Highway 1 Robinson, IL 62454 FORM LTC_TTT_Registration_Form
Payment is due at the time of registration.
This course is being conducted in compliance with the Illinois Department of Public Health regulations.
***IMPORTANT: Participants must meet the qualifications outlined in the June 2013 Illinois Administrative Code Section 395.160 Instructor Requirements. To see the requirements, click on the following link: http://www.ilga.gov/commission/jcar/admincode/077/07700395sections.html.
REQUIREMENT PRIOR TO START DATE: Please email a current resume and request for eligibility approval to IDPH Training & Technical Section, Randy Carey-Walden, email@example.com.
Course Structure: To receive certificates of completion, all portions must be completed.
· The required Canvas Training is to be completed the week prior to the beginning of Train the Trainer Online component.
· The Train the Trainer and Alzheimer’s portions of this course are online. This portion of the course will consist of 6 weeks of online instruction. Students will spend time completing readings, discussion postings, and assignments. 40 contact hours are earned.
NOTE: Reliable and frequent access to a computer with internet and basic computer skills are needed to complete the online portion of the course. Some of these skills include:
- Creating, saving and retrieving word documents on your computer
- Attaching documents
- Communicating via email
- Copying and pasting within documents and web addresses in the internet browser
- Exploring the internet
- The Approved Evaluator Workshop Skills portion is in a face-to-face format requiring one day on-campus for successful return demonstrations of selected skills. 10 contact hours are earned.
Dates: Required Canvas Training to be completed by Thursday, February 13, 2020
TTT Online: February 17 to March 27, 2020
Skills Workshop (Face-to-Face): Friday, March 27, 2020, 8 am – 5 pm
Location for Skills Workshop: Lincoln Trail College
Professional Annex Room 403
11220 State Highway 1
Robinson, IL 62454
Class Size: Minimum of 5 participants and maximum of 15 participants.
Textbooks required for this course:
1. DeYoung, S. (2015). Teaching Strategies for Nurse Educators (3rd ed.). Pearson Education, Inc.: Upper Saddle River, N.J.
Note: available from online book sources to be purchased prior to class; reading prior to course start date is encouraged.
2. Nursing Assistant Textbook, current edition. Participant’s choice.
Registration deadline: February 11, 2020
Last day for a refund: February 20, 2020, by 4:00 pm. Contact Deanna Chrysler at firstname.lastname@example.org or 618-546-2242.
For questions about course registration, contact Lincoln Trail College, Deanna Chrysler at 618-546-2242, or email email@example.com.
For questions about the course content, contact Joyce Steber, BSN, RN at 618-889-6464 or email SteberTraining78@yahoo.com.