TRAIN THE TRAINER REFRESHER PROGRAM INFORMATION for BNAT PROGRAM COORDINATORS & INSTRUCTORS
Important Note: Participants must be approved to teach theory, clinical and Alzheimer’s content prior to registering for this course.
BNATP instructors are required to complete the Train the Trainer Refresher Program (TTT Refresher- Part 1) and the Approved Evaluator Skills Refresher Program (AE Skills Refresher- Part 2) every five years in accordance with Illinois Administrative Code 77, Section 395.160 (a)(5).
WHEN to REFRESH:
Determination of the year refreshing is required is based on the YEAR not the MONTH & YEAR of either initial BNATP instructor approval or latest completion of TTT &AE Skills Refresher Programs. If you are unsure of your initial approval date or latest refresher date, contact the IDPH Education and Training Unit at email@example.com.
Examples: Approval date of Jan. 24, 2014 — Due to refresh in 2019
Approval date of Aug. 14, 2015 — Due to refresh in 2020
Approval date of Mar. 18, 2016 – Due to refresh in 2021
The TTT Refresher program must be completed when offered in the Spring semester of the year refreshing. The AE Skill refresher program is then completed in the Summer or Fall semester when offered. Both the TTT Refresher Program and the AE Skills Refresher Program must be completed to remain as an ACTIVE BNATP instructor.
Those BNATP instructors who have NOT completed the required refreshers are considered INACTIVE as of December 31stof the year due to refresh. Any BNATP instruction provided by an INACTIVE instructor must be repeated by an ACTIVE BNATP instructor.
NOTE: If an instructor, due to refresh, does not complete the process during the YEAR they are due, that instructor will need to complete an initial Train the Trainer Program, including the Approved Evaluator Workshop, in its entirety.
More information about course schedules for this year is presented later on this page.
WHAT & WHERE:
The TTT Refresher Program is an IDPH approved, non-synchronous, work-at-your-own pace 2-week online course offered at community college locations statewide. This program is entirely online; therefore, location is not a factor. The instructor is available via email or phone to answer any questions. Registration information and class schedules will be posted in the REFRESHERSsection on the CNA Educators Association website, www.cnaeducators.org. Program registration begins by late January each year.
The AE Skills Refresher Program is an IDPH approved, hands-on session during which participants are required to independently demonstrate competency in the performance of a select number of BNATP skills according to IDPH/CDC standards. Registration information and class schedules will be posted in the REFRESHERSsection on the CNA Educators Association website, www.cnaeducators.org. Program registration begins in June each year.
2019 TTT REFRESHER COURSES (Part 1 is an online program)
- This course is intended for those instructors due for a refresher in 2019. This is the first component of the refresher requirement.
- Participants must be approved to teach theory, clinical and Alzheimer’s content and be an Approved Evaluator prior to registering for this course.
- Participants are required to have an instructor code at the time of enrollment. If you don’t know your four-digit instructor code it can be obtained from your Program Coordinator or the IDPH Education and Training Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2019 Schedule of TTT Refresher Courses (click on each for information:
2019 AE SKILLS REFRESHER COURSES
- TTT Refresher Programs are scheduled for completion prior to enrolling in an AE Skills Refresher Program.
- The Participant Verification Statement (Click to access the form) is to be signed and brought to the AE Skills Refresher.
- Every effort is made to schedule the AE Skills Refreshers in different regions of the state – Northern, Central & Southern.
- The AE Skills Refreshers will be scheduled during the Summer and Fall semesters.
- The location and number of offerings may vary in any given year based on the number of instructors needing the refresher program. The number of offerings is determined after the TTT Refresher Program has concluded for that year.
- Please register for your selected program location early, as seating is limited. Driving to a less conveniently located AE Skills Refresher is a possibility and may be a necessity.
2019 Schedule of AE Skills Refresher Courses (This is Part 2)
FYI: The initial REFRESHER PROGRAM ANNOUNCEMENTdated 02.2014 can be found at www.nurseaidetesting.com→ Coordinators & Instructors → Forms.