Host Name: Lake Land College (LLC)
Host Address: 5001 Lake Land Blvd., Mattoon, IL 61938-9366
Course Content: Train the Trainer Program, including Alzheimer’s Component and Approved Evaluator Workshop Course
Course Format: Online with required one day Face-to-face
Start Date: Monday, March 25, 2019 required Canvas Tutorial begins; TTT begins Monday, April 1, 2019
Cost: $599 – Registrations prior to March 11, 2019
$625 – Registrations on or after March 11, 2019
Course Number: 002-0101-00004
ONLINE REGISTRATION (click on the following link):
Payment by credit card to be completed at the time of online registration.
This course is being conducted in compliance withIllinois Department of Public Healthregulations.
***IMPORTANT:Participants must meet the qualifications outlined in the June 2013 Illinois Administrative Code Section 395.160 Instructor Requirements. To see the requirements, click on the following link: http://www.ilga.gov/commission/jcar/admincode/077/077003950A01600R.html.
**NOTE:It is highly recommended to email a resume to Ross (Randy) Carey-Walden, IDPH Education & Training Unit, requesting a determination of eligibility prior to beginning the course. BNATP instructor approval by IDPH isnotautomatic with completion of this training program. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is the responsibility of the registrant.
Course Structure: To receive certificates of completion, all portions must be completed.
- The required Canvas Tutorialwhich is built into this courseis to be completed the week prior to beginning of Train the Trainer Online component. Determining if online learning fits an individual’s learning style is important to one’s success in this course.
- The Train the Trainer and Alzheimer’s portions of this course are online. This portion of the course will consist of 6 weeks of online instruction. Students will spend time completing readings, discussion postings and assignments. 40 contact hours are earned.
Basic computer skills are needed to complete the online portion of the course. Some of these skills include:
- Creating, saving and retrieving word documents
- Attaching documents
- Communicating via email
- Copying and pasting within documents and web addresses in the internet browser
- Exploring the internet
- The Approved Evaluator Workshop (Skills Workshop)portion is in a face-to-faceformat requiring one day on-campus for successful return demonstrations of selected skills. 10 contact hours are earned.
Dates: Required Canvas Tutorial: March 25 to March 31, 2019
TTT Online: April 1 to May 10, 2019
Skills Workshop (Face-to-Face): Thursday, May 9th, 8 am – 5 pm
Location for Skills Workshop:
Kluthe Center for Higher Technology and Education
1204 Network Centre Drive
Effingham, IL 62401
ISBN-13: 978-0133565232ISBN-10: 0133565238
Note:available from online book sources to be purchased prior to class; reading prior to course start date is encouraged.
Registration Opens: Open Now!
Registration Deadline: March 21, 2019
Last day to withdraw with 100% refund: April 3, 2019. Contact Bonnie Moore; email@example.com.
For questions about course registration, contact Lake Land College, Bonnie Moore, Director to the Center for Business & Industry at 217-238-8260,or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about the course content, contact Joyce Steber, BSN, RN, Instructor at 618-889-6464 or emailSteberTraining78@yahoo.com.