01-28-2019 – ONLINE– TRAIN THE TRAINER ONLINE COURSE FOR RNs (CNA Instructor’s Course) includes the ALZHEIMER’S DISEASE COMPONENT and the APPROVED EVALUATOR WORKSHOP
Host Name: Lewis and Clark Community College (LC)
Host Address: 5800 Godfrey Rd, Godfrey, IL 62035
Course Content: Train the Trainer Course, Including Alzheimer’s Component and Approved Evaluator Workshop Course
Course Format: Online with required one day Face-to-face
Start Date: Monday, January 28, 2019 with required Blackboard Training (new sessions start every Monday, beginning January 7th; register for LCCC-202).
Course Numbers: CEWW-707-01 – Train the Trainer Course
LCCC-202 – required Blackboard Training with new sessions starting every Monday beginning January 7th(no cost)
MAIL REGISTRATION FORM AND PAYMENT TO:
Lewis and Clark Community College
5800 Godfrey Road
Godfrey IL 62035
ONLINE REGISTRATION: http://www.lc.edu/ccl/
FAX REGISTRATION FORM TO: 618-468-7266
Payment is due at the time of registration.
This course is being conducted in compliance with Illinois Department of Public Health regulations.
***IMPORTANT: Participants must meet the qualifications outlined in the June 2013 Illinois Administrative Code Section 395.160 Instructor Requirements. To see the requirements, click on the following link: http://www.ilga.gov/commission/jcar/admincode/077/07700395sections.html.NOTE:It is highly recommended that resumes for eligibility screening be emailed to the IDPH Education & Training Unit, Randy Carey-Walden, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Course Structure: To receive certificates of completion, all portions must be completed.
- The required Blackboard Training is to be completed the week prior to the beginning of Train the Trainer Online component. Register for LCCC-202 — new sessions start every Monday beginning January 7th.
- The Train the Trainer and Alzheimer’s portions of this course are online. This portion of the course will consist of 6 weeks of online instruction. Students will spend time completing readings, discussion postings, and assignments. 40 contact hours are earned.
NOTE: Reliable and frequent access to a computer with internet and basic computer skills are needed to complete the online portion of the course. Some of these skills include:
- Creating, saving and retrieving word documents on your computer
- Attaching documents
- Communicating via email
- Copying and pasting within documents and web addresses in the internet browser
- Exploring the internet
- The Approved Evaluator Workshop Skills portion is in a face-to-face format requiring one day on-campus for successful return demonstrations of selected skills. 10 contact hours are earned.
Dates: Required Blackboard Training: to be completed by Friday, January 25, 2019
TTT Online: January 28 to March 8, 2019
Skills Workshop (Face-to-Face): Thursday, March 7, 2019, 8 am – 5 pm
Location for Skills Workshop: Lewis and Clark Community College
Room NU L208
5800 Godfrey Rd
Godfrey, IL 62035
Class Size: Minimum of 5participants and a maximum of 15 participants.
Textbooks required for this course:
- DeYoung, S. (2015). Teaching Strategies for Nurse Educators (3rd). Pearson Education, Inc.: Upper Saddle River, N.J. Note: purchase prior to class; available from online book sources. (Feel free to begin reading!)
- Nursing Assistant Textbook, current edition. Participant’s choice.
Registration deadline: January 21, 2019
Last day for refund: February 1, 2019, by 4:00 pm. Contact Enrollment Center at Lewis and Clark Community College, 618-468-7000, option 2.
For questions about course registration, contact Lewis and Clark Community College, Dawn Zedolekat 618-468-5785, or email email@example.com.
For questions about the course content, contact Joyce Steber, BSN, RN at 618-889-6464 or email SteberTraining78@yahoo.com.