Host Name: Rend Lake College (RLC)
Host Address: 468 N. Ken Gray Parkway, Ina, IL 62846
Course Content: Train the Trainer Program, Including Alzheimer’s Disease Component and Approved Evaluator Workshop Course
Course Format: Online with one day Face-to-face required
Start Date: Monday, March 18, 2019
Course Number: NURS 1625-Y30
Registration Instructions: Registration Form
Mail registration form, a copy of Driver’s License & payment to Rend Lake College, Attn: Community & Corporate Education, 468 N. Ken Gray Pkwy, Ina, IL 62846; OR
Fax registration form & a copy of Driver’s License to 618-437-5677 and either call credit card payment information to (800-369-5321 toll-free) 618-437-5321 ext. 1714, or mail payment to the address above.
Payment is due at the time of registration.
This course is being conducted in compliance with the Illinois Department of Public Health regulations.
***IMPORTANT: Participants must meet the qualifications outlined in the June 2013 Illinois Administrative Code Section 395.160 Instructor Requirements. To see the requirements, click on the following link: http://www.ilga.gov/commission/jcar/admincode/077/077003950A01600R.html.
**NOTE:It is highly recommended to email a resume to Ross (Randy) Carey-Walden, IDPH Education & Training Unit, requesting a determination of eligibility prior to beginning the course. BNATP instructor approval by IDPH is not automatic with the completion of this training program. Email to email@example.com. This is the responsibility of the registrant.
Course Structure: To receive certificates of completion, all portions must be completed.
- The Train the Trainer and Alzheimer’s portions of this course are online. This portion of the course will consist of 6 weeks of online instruction. Students will spend time completing readings, discussion postings, and assignments. 40 contact hours are earned.
Basic computer skills are needed to complete the online portion of the course. Some of these skills include:
- Creating, saving and retrieving word documents
- Attaching documents
- Communicating via email
- Copying and pasting within documents and web addresses in the internet browser
- Exploring the internet
- The Approved Evaluator Workshop Skills portion is in a face-to-face format requiring one day on-campus for successful return demonstrations of selected skills. 10 contact hours are earned.
Dates: Online: March 18 to April 26, 2019
Skills Workshop (Face-to-Face): Friday, April 26, 8 am – 5 pm
Location for Skills Workshop: Rend Lake College Market Place Nurse Training Center
327 Potomac Blvd, Room TBA
Mt. Vernon, IL 62864
Class Size: Minimum of 6 participants and maximum of 16 participants.
Textbooks required for this course:
- DeYoung, S. (2015). Teaching Strategies for Nurse Educators (3rd). Pearson Education, Inc.: Upper Saddle River, N.J.
ISBN-13: 978-0133565232ISBN-10: 0133565238
Note: available from online book sources to be purchased prior to class; reading prior to course start date is encouraged.
- Nursing Assistant Textbook, current edition of participant’s choice.
Deadline to Register: Friday, March 8, 2019 – No Late Registrations.
For questions about course registration, contact Charlotte Loss, Rend Lake College Community & Corporate Education at 618-437-5321 or 800-369-5321, x1714 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about the course content, contact Joyce Steber, BSN, RN at 618-889-6464 or email SteberTraining78@yahoo.com.