This site is dedicated to the nursing assistant educators in the State of Illinois.
The functions of the organization shall be to:
- Identify and analyze issues affecting the practice of CNAs.
- Promote the quality of basic and continuing education programs for CNAs.
- Monitor clinical practice issues affecting the direct and indirect patient care activities of CNAs and their impact on educational programming.
- Provide a forum for the exploration and discussion of problems unique to CNA education.
- Represent and serve as spokespersons for CNA education.
- Study and evaluate trends and research in education, nursing, and healthcare.
- Issue statements of position and recommendation to appropriate government bodies.
Refresher courses are no longer required for any instructor as of March 6, 2020. Program Coordinators may request an individual instructor attend a refresher course, but it is no longer required by the Department. The Department will no longer update refresher course information.
Administrative Code changes have occurred – effective February 20, 2020. Check the updated code prior to enrollment in a Train the Train Course. If you have any questions regarding these recent changes, please contact Randy Carey-Walden at Ross.Carey-Walden@illinois.gov.