This site is dedicated to the nursing assistant educators in the State of Illinois.
The functions of the organization shall be to:
- Identify and analyze issues affecting the practice of CNAs.
- Promote the quality of basic and continuing education programs for CNAs.
- Monitor clinical practice issues affecting the direct and indirect patient care activities of CNAs and their impact on educational programming.
- Provide a forum for the exploration and discussion of problems unique to CNA education.
- Represent and serve as spokespersons for CNA education.
- Study and evaluate trends and research in education, nursing, and healthcare.
- Issue statements of position and recommendation to appropriate government bodies.
SPRING 2021: April 23rd, at the Plaza Hotel, Springfield
Refresher courses are no longer required for any instructor as of March 6, 2020. Program Coordinators may request an individual instructor attend a refresher course, but it is no longer required by the Department. The Department will no longer update refresher course information.
Administrative Code changes have occurred – effective February 20, 2020. Check the updated code prior to enrollment in a Train the Train Course. If you have any questions regarding these recent changes, please contact Randy Carey-Walden at Ross.Carey-Walden@illinois.gov.
Dementia Workshop at College of DuPage on May 9th, Online Spring Flyer