Registration information: First complete AE Skills Refresher Couse Verification Statement 05.2017 and submit to person listed for each site.
IMPORTANT NOTES PRIOR TO REFRESHER DATE; participate shall:
Completion of a Verification Statement which includes participant requirements and responsibilities that needs to be filled out,
- Provide verification of a completed Train the Trainer Online Refresher course completed in 2017.
- Review and practice ALL 21 skills outlined in the IDPH Performance Skills Manual – May 2009 prior to attending the AE Skills Refresher course; use of a current nursing assistant textbook is recommended for preparation. You must be able to demonstrate competence on any of the 21 skills.
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR DATE OF SKILLS REFRESHER; participant shall:
- If only AE (Skills) refresher is due in 2017, IDPH instructor approval letter may be used as verification.’
- Present photo ID to be admitted to course – NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Must have your instructor code.
- Bring a copy of the IDPH Performance Skills Manual – May 2009 and your own nursing assistant textbook to use as reference.
- Have reviewed, practiced and are prepared to demonstrate any and all of the Performance Skills identified in the Performance Skills manual prior to attending the Approved Evaluator (AE) Skills Refresher Course.
- Understand that failure to successfully demonstrate proficiency of any of the selected skills within the allotted three attempts will result in not passing the AE Skills Refresher. You will be required to leave; there is no refund. Registration for a future AE Skills Refresher course will be required; rescheduling is not permitted on same day.
- Skills must be completed in the four hours allowed; if not, then you will not pass.
- Be on time for your skills day at designated registration time. If you are late, you will not be allowed in and will not be refunded your money. You will need to reschedule on a different date.
- Wear appropriate attire which will enable you to perform all 21 skills outlined in the Performance Skill Manual; this includes having a watch with a sweep second hand.
Click on site or date for specific info.
APPROVED EVALUATOR SKILLS REFRESHER COURSE FOR CNA INSTRUCTORS IMPORTANT NOTE: Participants must have completed the Train the Trainer Online Refresher program prior to registration for skills refresher. If only AE status renewal is due, IDPH instructor approval letter may be used as verification (contact J. Steber, RN). Harper-College-Skills-Refresher-nov 17 Site Name: W. […]